Welcome back to this week's segment of Kaitlyn's Goals! Ha - just kidding - I'm trying to wrap these up as fast as I can! I just have to post them so I have some way of being held accountable.
Last week I touched on being an intentional friend and also posted my January Goals, and today I will touch on my second goal:
I could have set a goal to run a half-marathn…or master calligraphy so I can list it in my Etsy shop…or so on and so on. And I DO want to do those things! Actually, I want to do those things and many more, but listing out all of those things would leave me feeling stressed and overwhelmed, so instead I am simply making this a goal.
I have been blessed (I do NOT mean this in a braggy way!) with a lot of talent in the creativity department. It's just a bummer that God didn't bless me with my follow through…so in 2014, I want to FULLY FINISH everything I start. I'm starting off with finishing the T-shirt blanket I started back in….January. OF LAST YEAR.
There's probably a lot of things about me that drive A up the wall, but my lack of finishing things has GOT to be at the top of the list. And I don't blame him! It drives me crazy as well. I just get so excited to try something new that I completely stop what I was working on before. Trying new things is good! And exciting! And I don't want to stop that - but I need to FINISH the previous project before taking on something new. Added bonus - this should take away some stress! When I have too many projects going on, that is just asking for a plate full of stress. And that is no fun at all.
I like that this goal is sort of an all encompassing one - that way pretty much anything fits into it. Example - when you start cleaning a room…you should probably just finish it right then and there. IT IS MUCH EASIER THAT WAY. (Shouting to myself helps me learn lessons…)
I'm hoping this means that 2014 is a year of getting things done and tackling new projects. Just one at a time :)
I need to share this resolution with you! I have four chairs in my dining room that have been sanded and primed to be painted since 2010. I vow to actually paint them this year (even though they are a pain in the tail since they have spindles and all kinds of designs on them, ugh).
ReplyDeleteI think we can all steal this goal and use it well. Thanks to Pinterest, I have lots of craft ideas and supplies scattered about with very few finished projects.
ReplyDeleteI'm the exact same way!...which is why Crew's nursery decorations STILL aren't done. Yay for finishing!
ReplyDeleteI am so bad about not finishing projects because I start a new one in the middle of it! I'm going to take a page from your book and follow through with all of my projects this year!
ReplyDeleteYes to this!! I started Floyd's Christmas stocking toooo long ago and have yet to finish it.
ReplyDeleteI feel like I can be that way too, cleaning is a great example i bounce from room to room because I will have moved something to the correct room and before I can go back to the one being cleaned I will find something in that room to do!
ReplyDeleteIm also known for not starting what I finish! And PLEASE teach me your tshirt-blanket-making ways!
ReplyDeleteI will be sitting and waiting for your tshirt tutorial friend. You can and you WILL finish! I will keep you motivated and on track the best I can. Happy Thursday eve! We are so close to Friday. Commmmmme on weekend.
ReplyDeleteMy best friend just made us a t-shirt blanket and it is the greatest thing in the whole world. You will LOVE it.
ReplyDeleteIt's my goal to finish lots of things I've started too... 2014 is the year of completed tasks!! :)
ReplyDeleteI do the same thing! I need to follow through this year too!
ReplyDelete