Can you tell that my life is absolutely insane and I just need it to stop?
Let's Review:
Wednesday: We packed up the Uhaul and my car and said adios to Lafayette. I don't really know that it's hit me yet - I feel like I'm just in Houston visiting my family. But whatever, we are here and so is all of our stuff.
Thursday: The home inspection was at 8am, so we went for the last 30 minutes of it. I finally got to see the house in person (I love it!) and it inspected beautifully. There a few minor things (caulking some siding outside, fixing a loose toilet), but nothing major is wrong with it - we got so lucky! I read Shay's post about buying a home...and that poor inspector, I drilled him about EVERYTHING.
After that was done, we met up with my brother-in-law and his friend for lunch and then said a quick hello to the Reid man. We cannot wait to live super close to them in one month!
And then it got boring and annoying - we had to move everything from the Uhaul into storage. Except by we I don't mean me. We paid my best friend's brother and his best friend (who is also my little sister's boyfriend - confused yet) to help A with it all. I supervised - super important job.
And then at 5:30 we hit the road to Dallas for my best friend's bachelorette part. Six hours later we arrived. I'm not exaggerating, I thought we wouldn't make it at some points. The rain was SO bad that we had to pull over 3 times just so I would stop shaking. Had I been by myself, there's no way I would have kept going. But the two girls with me kept me calm and we made it!
Friday/the weekend: I had a client meeting on Friday morning and then we basically drove around the entire DFW area getting things for the weekend. I'm going to do a full recap tomorrow - but it was so much fun and the perfect weekend. I'm too mad about it right now to update, but only because I woke up this morning to an email from the home owner stating how we were terrible renters because we didn't respect his home at all. He went through the trash and told me that we were drunk the entire time and disrespectful because we were drunk. You better believe I emailed him back - we had 14 beers TOTAL - over the ENTIRE WEEKEND. And they were mixed in with a punch that we had to POUR OUT after we were finished laying out at the pool. No one was drunk throughout the whole weekend. Can you tell that I am extremely mad about this? He's "calculating how much to take out of my security deposit due to the lack of respect" right now. I really would like to punch him.

OMG! Who the heck cares if you were drunk the entire weekend?! If the house was in the exact same order as when you arrived, i.e. nothing was broken and whatnot, what the hell does it matter?! I would be livid. Good luck with that! Glad you had a good weekend otherwise!
ReplyDeleteWhat a horrible landlord!!! It's not like you had 4 kegs in the trash can! I hope he doesn't keep your entire security deposit. Fingers crossed!
ReplyDeleteI think you should respond that you are calculating the hours he has left until you kill him..
ReplyDeleteYour life is absolutely insane and you need to stop.
ReplyDeleteAlso, is there any mention of alcohol in your lease? I don't think he can take off money just because he wants to. Chances are he's just running low on funds and wants a quick buck - he's an ass.
XO,
Samm
www.dysfunctionaleverafter.com
Congrats on the house. I remember being so anxious during our inspection.
ReplyDeleteUgh! That sucks about the house! Did yall use air BnB? I was like a crazy psycho about cleaning up the house when we rented a house for Madri Gras and their were still apparently issues!! I cant wait to see your houseeeeee I bet it is ahhhhmazing! Im so glad you are back in Houston!
ReplyDeleteYou still up for meeting for a dinner/a drink this week??
Ummm hello craz-o owner. Why rent out your house if you are going to be a nazi about it?! Silly old man. And although I hate your stuff is currently in storage I'm living that its at least in Texas. Eap. Weekend plans coming right up. :)
ReplyDeleteAww, I hope you enjoyed Dallas. Tell that man to run a lap and SEVERAL seats!
ReplyDeleteOh Em Gee you are joking?! Who cares if you were drunk/drinking?! I'm pretty sure it didn't say in the agreemebt you weren't allowed to exercise your 21-year-old right to have a cocktail. And if the house was fine then it really doesn't matter! I cannot believe he went threw the trash. Geesh!
ReplyDeleteWelcome back to H-Town! And you should tell that dude to suck it. It's not really his business what you were doing with your time.
ReplyDeleteOMG what?!?! YOu weren't allowed to drink because you were renting??! Is this stated anywhere in your rental agreement?!? If not, then take him to court if he takes ANY of your deposit!!
ReplyDeleteI would love to ask that guy how one calculates the amount of money to deduct from a security deposit due to "lack of respect". That is the most absurd thing I have ever heard of! I would not let him get a way with that; what you do on your time is none of his business.
ReplyDeleteYour landlord sounds like a real winner. I'd be super annoyed with him to but really I am pretty sure that legally he has nothing on you - just fib and let him know you've contacted a lawyer for when your lack of security deposit gets back to you. See what he says then. Overall it sounds like you had a decent weekend though :) Happy Monday.
ReplyDeleteWhat a jerk, I don't know if "I think they are disrespectful" will hold up in court, buddy! But at least your new home inspected perfectly!!
ReplyDeleteugh landlords, mine is mad that we gave a 30 day notice to vacate, like our contact states..he wanted more notice. Doesnt that guy know that lack of respect means you tore up stuff not cleaned up from you 'drunken' rage. On a brighter note, our home inspector told us NC and Texas are two of the most strict states for home inspections.
ReplyDeletewahhh still sad i didn't get to see you. sorry about your landlord :(
ReplyDeleteDude... I will handle that guy if need be. That's ridic. Where does it say in the rental agreement you cant drink???
ReplyDeleteHang in there on the craziness....it could be worse, you could have a 20 month old, 20k in stucco repair going on, selling your house, finding a rental and going back and forth on house building plans! See...I just made your life seem way better!