Image Map

has it really been a year?

 
On a very boring Wednesday last fall, I wrote this post, and with that, put a bow on it the blog was born.
 
It's funny to look back through at the comments - and my replies because I was such a newbie and didn't know to reply via email. I can pin-point my now friends first comments. I'm looking at you EBD's - such a simple act that led to such an amazing friendship!
 
I honestly thought I missed this day when I took my break for the past month, and had no clue when I started blogging again this week that the "big day" was today. I guess it was just meant to be!
 
In honor of this day, here's a few things that I have learned & what blogging has taught me.
 
1. Blogging is HARD. I did not expect this one. Thinking of something interesting to write about every single day is tough. Creating a blog that people are excited to come back and read is tough. You have to put forth effort to get things out of this.
 
2. For the most part, the blogging community is extremely supportive. Girls come together to help out girls that they haven't ever met. It's pretty amazing.
 
3. FRIENDS! I didn't think when I got into this that I would be able to call a small handful of other bloggers best friends a year later. I am so blessed to have them in my life. To think I never would have met them without this makes me sad & happy. A has even gained friends from this!
 
4. Blogging is also really weird. It's hard to put this one into words, but I think most everyone would agree with me. So I'll just leave it at that.
 
There's plenty more where that came from, but I'm not in the rambling mood this morning. I'm way too excited for 5pm when I get to find out if our newest family addition is a boy or a girl! NO, I'm not pregnant (although it's not shocking I guess if you think that, most bloggers who take a month off come back with a baby bump), A's sister is! This little bundle makes niece/nephew number three for us...and although I love little boys (seriously! I do!), I am really hoping for a little girl. Think of how many cute bows I could buy her!!!

14 comments :

  1. this is probably going to sound dumb, especially because i'm at 9.5 months blogging but how the heck do you respond via email? probably should have figured this out by now but every time i try to, i get fed up and just move on...haha
    congrats on making it a year!
    xoxo,
    Erin

    ReplyDelete
  2. Happy Bloggity Birthday! This calls for cupcakes and champagne, right?!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Happy Blog-iversary! :) I think I started reading in like Feb-March this year and I've loved every second of it! Congrats on the new baby in the fam- I'll cross my fingers you get a lil girl!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. HAPPY ONE YEAR!!!! Man we have a lot to celebrate this weekend! New jobs, great books, one year bloggy anniversaries! BREAK OUT THE BUBBLY

    ReplyDelete
  5. Happy one year! I am new to your blog and I love it. It's probably one my favorite blog titles EVER!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Happy blogiversary!!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  7. happy bloggy birthday! and yes, blogging is definitely weird haha.
    -- jackie @ jade and oak

    ReplyDelete
  8. I am forever thankful to have found you and your sweet blog. Who knew that blog friends could become real friends and eventually EDBs. So thankful for you, your friendship, and your sweet blog. Yay for many more years to come friend.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Happy blogiversary! Apparently we all started blogging at the exact same time! Mine was just this past Tuesday :) So happy I found your blog way back when!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Yay for making it a whole year! I haven't looked back to see when the exact day was that I started but it was around this time as well. I love reading your posts, hope you keep it up :)

    ReplyDelete
  11. Catching up on all the things I've missed in the past week or so that i've been gone.

    1 How exciting for the new addition to the family.
    2. Yay, for having blogged a year. I believe I hit that milestone next week and sad to say I don't have a witty post planned. Maybe I should get on that.
    3. Sometimes breaks are the best.
    4. Loved all your "knowledge" you've learned over the last year.

    ReplyDelete

I'd love your thoughts and feedback! New friends are fun :)