Image Map

don't mess with me, mr. loan guy

Sami's Shenanigans
 
It was a fairly un-shenanigany weekend in these parts, but this should be a shenanigan filled week! Why? WE CLOSE IN ONE WEEK! If you put it in writing, it has to be true...right? That's what I'm hoping. We ran into some snags on Friday that kept me on the phone with Chase and my loan guy all day. Apparently it was missed that one of my credit cards is in my name, but under my mom's account. The fact that I haven't used that card more than 2 times since I graduated from college THREE YEARS ago doesn't seem to matter. So we had to have Chase cancel the card and send a fax to the loan guy telling him that, and now they have to re-pull my credit to make sure that it went through. All the while the loan guy was telling me that this meant our closing would be delayed. CUE THE EMOTIONAL BREAKDOWN.
 
I wanted to say: "Listen up, buddy. We have been living with my parents for a month. DO YOU KNOW WHAT THAT IS LIKE? And I have pretty cool parents, too! But we need our own place. NOW. If you delay this closing, I will have an emotional breakdown. EVEN BIGGER THAN THE ONE I AM HAVING NOW."
 
But what I said was: "Is there anything you can do to make the closing happen on time? We've already scheduled the movers and all the services, so we would really appreciate it!"
 
A mean one, I am. I WISH. But alas, he had our closing date wrong, so apparently we are good to go. We freaking better, because the fridge, the couch, ALL OF OUR BELONGINGS, internet and cable are all being delivered/installed on Tuesday. If I have to unscheduled all that, I just might turn into a mean one.
 
Back to this weekend. Maybe the above info is the reason that I got sort of tipsy sitting on the couch by myself at 12:30 on Saturday afternoon. But like I said...just maybe.
 
1: We met up with my friend Haylie & her boyfriend Drew at Little Woodrow's in The Heights for dinner & drinks. I am SO excited to be in the same neighborhood as those little cuties so soon. So much fun to be had!
2: Truffle-laced parm fries & a grilled cheese. mmm...carbs.
3: Cuddle time with a certain mama's boy.
4: Morning coffee on a trip to Ace with my mama. What, you don' repeat outfits?
5: Madre and I are NYC ready! A flight arriving at 11:30pm requires these to be in our carry on.
6: My new favorite drink ever. I did it, I found my go to drink. That they may not have in any bar outside of Texas. Whatever.
7: Paint testing out! We are going with the top left (Bunny Gray) in the living room, kitchen and dining room and the top right (Paris Rain) in the bedroom. Oh, and we are doing it ourselves now. Should make for some fun blog posts.
8: I turned this mirror...
9: ...into this one! I used some of the sample paint (White Ice) and then I sanded it down (not pictured) for a distressed look. I'm in love. And the mirror was free. Doesn't get much better than that.
 
 
And I'm not going to end this post with some ridiculous statement like "I'm going to blog every day this week!" because we all know THAT would be a flat out lie. Maybe if I don't say it, it will actually happen?


18 comments :

  1. Cute blog! I've heard Deep Eddys is delicious, but haven't been able to find it yet. I'm a new follower! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. oh lawdy closing, i showed up to mine with down payment in hand and was told that due to my loan amount and amount being paid by seller that I would have to shell out an extra $130, thank gawd they took a personal check.

    ReplyDelete
  3. You Texans & your Tito's. No one I know in GA drinks that stuff. All the Texas wives got banned from it before a wedding last year because we accidentally got really drunk on it while all the guys were playing golf. I lost my shoes. Another girl threw a remote at her husband's head. Good things. Also, when my sister bought her condo she would just cry every time they tried to delay her. Worked like a charm.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Goodness, I hate dealing w/ loans, credit card, etc stuff-- always such a hassle it seems! I'm glad it sounds like they got it worked out though! So excited for you guys to close and get all that awesomeness delivered to youuu!!! :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oops- this is Erin, apparently I'm not logged in?! ;)

      Delete
  5. Fingers crossed that the closing goes smoothly! No more hiccups!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Man, why do people have to be soooo difficult?! Hope that it all works out. Getting tipsy was well deserved.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Please explain, what is that ruby red goodness you have up there? I need it AND the titos airplan bottles!

    ReplyDelete
  8. oh man... i feel like buying is a house is like the longest, worst process, ever. good luck, lady.

    ReplyDelete
  9. I live in repeat outfits. Well, not literally but you get the idea. Hope everything works out with your closing and your moving in. I feel your pain, I am currently living with my in-laws.

    ReplyDelete
  10. I hope the house closers ON TIME and everything works out for you girl. Even with COOL PARENTS, after a month, I would be ready to B O U N C E

    http://www.fitnessblondie.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  11. Buying a house is so much work!! my mom was a loan officer so i know how it goes! I hope everything go well! At least you got to hangout with some cool friends over the weekend!!
    XO

    ReplyDelete
  12. Ahhh, I would be very emotional over that too!! Hopefully everything works out. Isn't closing/buying a house crazy?! They need every single bit of information about you!!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Closing on a house is an emotional roller coaster - I just felt judged by the loan guy nonstop. Good luck with everything!!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  14. Good luck with the house! So exciting! Hopefully the rest goes smooth.
    Love the mirror. I did the same thing a few weeks ago. Stopping by from the blog hop.

    20somethingbusinesswoman.com

    ReplyDelete
  15. I just know its all going to work out my love. And I'll be there ASAP to help move or at least watch the boys move and drink with you. Hehe girls day soon. Love you.

    ReplyDelete
  16. I'm sure closing will work out, but wow what a pain!! I've been dying to try that Deep Eddy since I keep driving by a billboard for it on the freeway! Now I def have to that I have a positive review to go off of!

    ReplyDelete
  17. I love how you have what you said in your head and then what you actually said to the man. Sometimes don't you just hate that your Momma raised you with manners. That weekend seems very eventful to me.

    ReplyDelete

I'd love your thoughts and feedback! New friends are fun :)