Image Map

a tutorial on this gorgeous tuesday

It's way too pretty outside to be working today! Thanking my lucky stars that I work from home and have the perfect excuse to frequent the sunshine today. Puppies gotta pee, yo!

[And I already broke my blogging-every-day rule...color me shocked. Friday we had a team training thingy for work and then yesterday just sucked, as most Mondays do! Making up for it today with some pictures, though. Although I'm too lazy to bust out the DSLR so iPhone photos they are!]

The pupster's name is Bowden. (Bonus points to anyone who knows why that's his name/who it's in honor of!) He's only 3.1 pounds, so it's REALLY hard to find him clothes. Scratch that, it's really hard to find him cheap clothes - who has $40+ bucks to spend on a Christmas sweater? I much prefer the same sweater at Marshalls for $8 bucks. Problem is that they usually only have larges.

I put my thinking cap on and decided to make him one! I bought this newborn onesie at Target for FOUR dollars. And they have three other cute Christmas onesis that I'll for sure be going back for later.



Isn't it cute? Good thing I have a puppy to wear it, I almost want a baby looking at this. Almost.

So then I chopped off the sleves and the bottom snappy part, folded it inside out and pinned up the sides. (If you don't know how to sew, you could just cut and call it a day, but after the first wear it may fray a lot.)




Then I sewed it and voila! (For some reason my machine decided to eat the shirt a few times. The perfectionist in my is so pissed that I'm sharing this project!)



I can't wait to do this for every holiday, now. A didn't quite love it as much as I did, but it keeps Bowden warm so it's staying on!

No comments :

Post a Comment

I'd love your thoughts and feedback! New friends are fun :)