Last night I finally watched Ted and cemented my decision that I wish I was Mila Kunis. It's not fair that someone can be THAT PRETTY. Not fair at all!! And it was also very fun to see Ryan Reynolds make a cameo. He also falls into the category of not fair.
We also watched Project X, not my choice, and it was so-so. One of the main characters, Costas, was extremely annoying but I guess that was the point - just made me want to skip all his scenes, though.
In other news, I decorated for Christmas! Here's some shots of the
We got these for a wedding gift and I never got around to buying candles. The ornaments fit perfectly!
Made these last year, they add just the right amount of color to our bar cart!
Wreath after 80 bajillion sticks of hot glue. Not exactly as perfect as I pictured it, but I like it still.
And the wreath completed on our door! The bow is my favorite part, obviously :)
Excuse the mess (I turned the table into a second crafting area) but this is a little decoration area with the extra ornaments.
Found this little guy at Marshalls. Love it!
And here's THE TREE! I went with an all silver theme this year and made most of the ornaments myself. The tree skirt is still missing because I haven't made it yet, but that's where the pop of color will come in.
And here it is with the topper. We have ZERO room in here for our tree, so it's stuck in the corner by the bar area. Once again, I AM SO READY TO GET OUT OF THIS PLACE.
And here's our stockings! A brought up a good point - they barely hold anything so we should do baskets instead. I think that is what we will do next year. Sidenote - I grew up having tons of little gifts in the stockings and each are individually wrapped. My mom is superwoman. He on the other hand grew up with candy in their stockings. Uhmmm...no. That's insane! So I think what we will do next year is candy in the stockings to please him and presents (wrapped of course) in the baskets. Learning how to compromise is some funny business!
______________________________________________
So, now I will finally get to my Saw it. Pinned it. Did it portions!
Here's my inspiration pin:
And here's how I did it! The original pin said to use tulle bought by the yard, but I had this on hand so I used it. (The whole project cost me ZERO!) Anyways, start with this:
And cut it in half. I did three foot long pieces because I found that if you did any longer, it was MUCH harder to ruffle. (I should warn you, this is not a project to do and get it done in 30 minutes.)
Next you'll need to set your machine to it's longest stitch length. For mine, it is 4.5. This is how you will get it to ruffle easier.
Then you will sew a straight-ish line through the center of each piece:
When you're done, you'll pull one end of the string to get it to ruffle!
It will look like this when you're done. I then tied the strings together to keep it from unraveling. Then you repeat the steps above alllll night and tie together the pieces until it's the length you desire.
I did have some mishaps. I was making them longer at first and when pulling to get it to ruffle, the thread broke. More than one time. So I ended up with quite a bit of trashed pieces. Whoops!
Here's my final product. This is where the FAIL comes in. I had intended this to go on the tree but that little piece right there took so long that I gave up. Womp Womp. Next week I'll do better! Life has been INSANE lately as has work, so I haven't had as much time to craft as I would like. Hopefully it will slow down soon so I can cross some things off my list!

Your wreath looks great! Love the colors too :) Oh and the bow...love the bow...so fitting!
ReplyDelete