Image Map

in typical blogger fashion

In typical blogger fashion, I'm doing a post on the Golden Globes. I sat there with my iPhone during the red carpet portion on E! and wrote down the good and the bad. This isn't even all of them...I got a little out of hand. 

The Good:

From left to right (sort of? - you all should know who they are anyways)
Amy Adams: I LOVE lace and hate how they always knock it on Fashion Police. While she made it onto my good list, I do with the dress was a different color so you could see the gorgeous detail. I feel like it just sort of blends with her skin right now.
Hayden Panettiere: Again, LOVE the lace. She hit it out of the park with this one. (Am I the only one who thinks her smile is fake but only because of Nashville? She always is so fake-nice on there, so it's bled over into real life for me, too)
Isla Fisher: I normally hate all sequin dresses but I am really liking her here. Not to mention she is gorgeous!
Naomi Watts: One of my favorites! The low back needed the high front (but a little peek!) and the train is just so beautiful. The color is great for winter, too.
Kristen Wiig: I'm not sure why I love this so much, it's nothing really special, but it looked GREAT on her.
Kerry Washington: OK, I loved this while Ryan interviewed her, but after seeing the bottom I kind of hate it now. What's with the awkward length?! Not OK. She's pretty flawless otherwise.

The Bad:

Again from left to right in a sort-of-circle
Debra Messing: Black is a good color on her, but the dress added about 50 pounds. Not a good look!
Jennifer Lawrence: Loved it until I saw the weird Madonna boobs she has going on.
Guiliana Rancic: I couldn't pay attention to the dress because I kept thinking that she needed to go eat a cheeseburger.
Jennifer Lopez: Sorry, JLO, Miss South Carolina did the see through sequin thing and did it SOOOO much better. 


Lucy Liu: Curtains? The fit is flawless, it's just sort of a Garden Party look.
Julianna Hough: Someone is sending a message to their BF that she wants to get married!
Olivia Munn: The dress she wore needed makeup! Where is your makeup?!
Amanda Seyfried: I LOVE her and this dress, but it needed to be without the top clip and lace panel. She needed some sex appeal!
Sarah Hyland: So not a fan of the squeezed boob look.
Not pictured: Gabby Douglas. Lose the bangs, girlfriend.


All images via a simple google search. I found them last night and have zero time this morning to go back and give credit to where I found them. Yes, I am a terrible person.


13 comments :

  1. I wasn't able to watch all this last night! (I was super busy watching Revenge and Downton Abbey instead..haha!) Thanks for the recap..I have to say I agree with every single one of your assessments. It amazes me how awful some of these dresses actually are..eww.

    ReplyDelete
  2. haha i love the end "yes, I am a terrible person"
    love that you did this! I didn't get to watch the show so agree with your picks!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm so so sad that I missed them yesterday!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Dang I missed all of this!!! I'm totally going to try makeup forever foundation. Seriouslyyyyyy

    ReplyDelete
  5. LOVE the cheeseburger comment! Ha ha but I thought Armanda looked classy! Just perfect for such an event! Awesome blog!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Debra Messing looks TERRIBLE. God, that is probably the worst dress she could've chosen. And I thought Julianne Hough looked stunning.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I'm a new follower! Love your name ;)

    ReplyDelete
  8. SPOT ON! Some of the fashions were a Hot ass mess.

    ReplyDelete
  9. fun roundup! i also liked kristen wiig's dress a lot - i thought she looked great! big fan of isla fisher's and naomi watts' too - all so pretty!
    -- jackiejade.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  10. Great picks, Salma Hayek's big bow was probably my absolute favorite. Amy Adams always looks so cute, loved her dress! I also loved Lea Michele's!! I love Miss New York's (miss America) white dress and of course Miss Oklahoma's!!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Love the spot on critique.
    www.rsrue.blogspot.com
    Come say hi!

    ReplyDelete
  12. This is such a nice post!
    www.guccibagsoutletboutique.com

    ReplyDelete

I'd love your thoughts and feedback! New friends are fun :)