Image Map

cleat chasers


I took forever to post this because I've been jamming to every single song linked up to pretty whitty's link up. You are welcome for my jam. It's not really a jam but that was my favorite Nsync song as I was CERTAIN that they wrote it for me. I am so embarrassed of my middle school life it's not even funny.

If you don't like that one, I hope you like this one. We have a sing-off obsession in our house.


I would say that we should get back to normal programming today, but I don't have any of that. Let's chat about the crush link up yesterday. I found so many new blogs and I LOVED it! I also noticed that some of the girls who were crushing on me (still blushing) mentioned they liked my college stories. So for today, I went through old Facebook pictures. It was REALLY hard to not delete them all out of pure embarrassment. I just didn't know any better...that's what I'm telling myself. 

Last weekend I mentioned that we went to some baseball games. At one point a group of ten or so girls walked in and they looked like they were going to a beauty pageant. Andre' immediately said something about how they were cleat chasers. I said something about me never being that obvious. 
I was wrong.


It doesn't get ANY more obvious than that, my friends. It helps a little that the one in the middle was sort of "dating" one of the players. And if you think she was actually dating him, you never had any fun during college.

I talk more about my time at LSU, but I did have some fun times at SFA for a year and a half. My hair and feet did not, however. WHAT is that hair-do and WHAT are those shoes?! And WHY did any of my "friends" not tell me to go to a fashion workshop?


If you look through most of my photos on FB (please don't), all of my sorority sisters are wearing skimpy little tops and I'm wearing a polo or a button up. Does it make sense now why no boy at SFA ever talked to me? Well that and I was scared of them. This is the one time that I decided to join my friends in their fashion sense. I am not joking when I say that I left that frat party terrified and never wore anything like this again. I wasn't lying when I said that I was scared of boys. FOR GOOD REASON - all the guys in the fraternities at SFA were huge creepers. I became unscared when I met nice boys at LSU. 


Just a cute little photo-shoot through downtown Nacogdoches during Christmas. In 2007. I feel so old.


And then one time we swept the row. Get it?! We were the only house at chapter quota and our adviser brought out this cute little broom. And I wore pigtails. And bows, duh. See also: why boys didn't talk to me. 


And now, obviously, I am going to spend the weekend getting inspiration for posts next week.

15 comments :

  1. This post is FANTASTIC! :) We call girls 'jersey chasers' all the time when they try super hard to impress the athletes haha... I like the cleat chaser term too though!

    AND, I juuust found 10 CDs full of old college pics that I thought were forever lost. Let's just say- I'm dying of embarrassment, but they are def going to make an appearance on the blog soon!

    ReplyDelete
  2. this is cute.. I do not even want to relive college via blog or FB! I did however delete a lot of my college/sorority days off mine but they are still floating around in FB land. Found your blog last week and love it!

    Jamie @ Simplesouthernways.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm not even out of college yet and when I look back at pictures from my freshmen year I am laughing and dying from embarrassment!! Also I almost did "this i promise you" for the link up too!! I had the biggest crush on Lance...whoops! haha

    ReplyDelete
  4. Ha, The pic of you in Downtown Nacogodches is so beautiful. Gah, I miss all those over priced junk store. I hate so many of the pics from my early years in college that I don't know if I could EVER post them.

    ReplyDelete
  5. um i think you were clearly more fashionable than i was, or could ever be. dangit. but i had some pretty interesting looks. still think you're the cutest cutest ever.

    ReplyDelete
  6. In my freshman & sophomore year of high school, I managed to be the BEST cleat chaser ever by becoming the baseball team's stats person. I learned more on the team bus during road games than I could EVER want to know haha. And I feel you on the embarrassing Fbook pics from college, I deleted one last week that I found of me dancing on a counter top at a house party.. yikes.

    ReplyDelete
  7. you and your blog designs are so funny. I like it!

    ReplyDelete
  8. I love Straight No Chaser (and Sara B.) and can't wait for the new album. Also loving your new blog design!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Love the new design girlie! And those jeans you got there, any chance you could make me a pair? Hahaha!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Your new design is cute! I love the songs you posted, I'm about to jam out to everyone's songs. Also, I mentioned you in my post today : )

    ReplyDelete
  11. I'm so obsessed with the sing off! I definitely made an acapella playlist today on Spotify. I think I missed you getting a new design... I love it!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Look at those boobs!

    Okay sorry that was totally inappropriate ;) love your middle school days, hot tamale!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Going through old college pictures is always so much fun! Although some of them make me cringe! :)

    ReplyDelete
  14. BIG BOOBS! That's what I like to see on a Monday morning. Also, I like your new design. You so fancy. You will makeover my blog one day. Once I finish paying for wedding crap. Soooo hopefully you're available like March 2015?

    ReplyDelete

I'd love your thoughts and feedback! New friends are fun :)