This weekend I sat on the couch for the entire duration of it. But no one wants to read about that, so I'm just going to show you the pretty pictures so I can pretend that I did exciting things. Join me!
Friday night was the only time I left the house. We went and got crawfish and I was in heaven. Up until my sophomore year in college I thought crawfish were disgusting. This might have to do with the fact that my mom told me when I was younger that you were eating their pee when you ate them. Way to scare someone from ever eating crawfish, Babs. When I finally DID eat it, the tail had to be stuffed in my mouth and then I waited a while to chew it because I was terrified. I'm a big ole' dummy because crawfish is the most delicious meal there is. Besides mac & cheese and some gooey NYC pizza. Anyways.
Then we headed to the movies to see Oz. It was AMAZING, but sort of long with some slow parts. Also, the couple we went with & A wanted to see it in 3D, so my head hurt the whole time. That stuff is trippy.
Dots on dots anyone? There's no reason this is included except that I like polka dots. And Gap.
I woke up Saturday morning to a TERRIBLE sore throat and the rest of the weekend I spent on the couch. The pesky little thing is still sore, but luckily I made some OH MY GOSH AMAZING BEST THING EVER chicken noodle soup on Saturday and we still have leftovers. And yes, it's completely worthy of that all-caps description. I took a bunch of pictures and maybe I'll do a recipe post soon. Who knows...the pictures kinda stink.
I did venture out for a hot minute on Sunday night to grocery shop. Who knew that the ghetto grocery store had amazing flowers? I do now. I scooped up this bunch and tried to pretend I have horticulture skills. As you can see, I do not. But they make me smile because they are just so pretty.
Sunday night we were in bed and all of a sudden the rain got REALLY loud. Well of course it did, because it was hail. And a ton of it! I of course ran outside in my towel and snapped a picture while A was yelling at me to get back inside and put some clothes on.
And now I'm going to be that dog mom that no one likes. Or that every dog mom really is and refuses to admit. It makes me so sad to look at pictures and see how teeny tiny Bowden was! I know, he's still a little squirt at 5 pounds now, but when we got him he was 1.5 pounds! And he had the cutest little batman mask that is now gone. Seriously, how adorable was he?! Ok ok I know, he still is, but he's just grown up so much. If this annoys you, you probably won't want to read this blog whenever I have children. Just a warning.

Hope your sore throat gets better. I LOVE crawfish. I'm trying to plan a trip to Shreveport to pick some up so I can have a crawfish boil.
ReplyDeleteYour horticulture skills are phenom and your crawfish photo made me gag a little. Mardi Gras 2011 wasn't so great to me and my love for crawfish!
ReplyDeleteHope you are feeling better!
I love crawfish, a friend of mine's grandparents who live in Slidell, LA visited once and they brought some up with them, I tasted them and they were SO GOOD!
ReplyDeleteAlso, that pic of mini Bowden is TOO cute!
Your weekend sounds like mine! Went out on Friday and was sick the rest of the weekend! Hope you start feeling better!
ReplyDeletethedomesticdogmom.blogspot.com
I miss Tilly's younger days so much. She was the shortest little thing, with the longest ears and HUGE and I mean HUGE paws that didn't match her little body. It reminded me of dumbo and I loved her so much for it. She's still precious but I miss baby Tilly sometimes. Hope you are feeling better missy. Have a great week!
ReplyDeleteI've never had crawfish.... guess I better try it!!!!! Also, keep the dog pictures coming!!!! I love puppy pics.... mainly because when I get one, I may or may not rename my blog after it.
ReplyDeleteI am craving crawfish! Unfortunately, they are hard to find and super expensive in South Carolina. So I have to wait until I visit the fam on the Gulf Coast to get my fix.
ReplyDeleteloove crawfish! I haven't had them in forever!
ReplyDeleteFrom one dog mommy to another dog mommy, I feel you girl. We have two little girls. (I say little, but one is already 3 years old!) I get sad looking at their baby pics too! Must be a furmommy thing. We need to create a support group.
ReplyDeletejust reading your description of eating crawfish make me never want to try them!
ReplyDeletei've decided we MUST eat crawfish together. we must!
ReplyDeleteCrayfish boils in the summer are a must! And its ok, us other dog moms understand...we can't help but to post pictures of our adorable fur babies.
ReplyDeleteXO Kalyn
Life as I Pretend to Know It
Oy, you and Helene are making me really want crawfish! Also, I hate watching movies in 3D. I don't go to the movies to get nauseated, thankyouverymuch.
ReplyDeletelove those flowers, gorgeous and your pup, such a cutie!!
ReplyDeleteCoffee Beans and Bobby Pins
Last day to enter the Mary Nichol Handbag Giveaway ($475 value)!
Eeeww! Could never do the crawfish but then again I don't do sea food mainly because I don't like the smell or the appearance. Like the new blog layout.
ReplyDeletethis post kiiiiind of makes me want to get over my crawfish fear and try them. kind of. but it definitely makes me want to wear dots on dots and look supa cute!
ReplyDeleteI love crawfish, not that we get too much of it in CT! I can't wait for my brothers wedding in NOLA! And your flowers are gorgeous!
ReplyDeleteOh I don't know if I could ever do crawfish. Love the beautiful flowers!
ReplyDeleteI've never had crawfish but now you have me interested in trying it. I love your flower arrangement too! Also, Bowden is adorable. My Morkie has changed a lot since I first brought him home. He had darker hair, now he is primarily blonde; and he used to fit under the coffee table - now he barely can fit his nose under!
ReplyDeleteSo much cuteness!! I could seriously eat him up :)
ReplyDeleteLove your new header and pic on the side! super cute!
ReplyDeleteAnd you're a girl after my own heart---dots on dots? yes please!
I've never had crawfish... I am so afraid to! It looks so creepy. I've heard it's tasty though. And polka dots? LOVE IT.
ReplyDeletePretty flowers!
ReplyDeleteI'm sorry you were sick! That's no good!!! Sounds like you had an awesome Friday night, though. :-)
ReplyDeleteCrawfish nom nom nom. Actually I've only had it once in 7th grade in New Orleans. I barely remember. But I'll take your word for it. Also, I HATE 3-D. Hurts my head so bad. And and, I would argue that puppies growing up are harder to deal with than babies growing up. I mean newborns are pretty damn boring. I like when they can walk & talk & such.
ReplyDeleteI don't blame you for being sad that Bowden has gotten big. Our dog started out at like 5 pounds and he's now about 15. I got sad the other day when I saw the first pictures we took of him, then thought Oh Lord what's it going to be like when I have kids?
ReplyDelete