Today officially marks the two-week countdown until we close on our house. To say we are excited is a vast understatement. We cannot WAIT. I love my parents and all, but it's hard to get us time while you are living with others, I've found. We went out to dinner last night for some us time, but we can't do that every night. Because one, I would be 89385 pounds, and two, we are saving to buy a house. Also, when you go from being around each other all day every day to not, it's kind of hard.
This weekend was a fun one, but I'm paying for it now. And not in the form of a hangover, actually. I must be growing up.
Friday:
I had to work until five - oh the TERROR - and then my sister came over with Reid because her husband was in Vegas on an annual-turned-quarterly boys trip. Reid time is the best time, as I'm sure you've gathered. He is absolutely precious at this age...but really, I'm sure I'll say that at every age.
The most adorable thing was when he sat on A's lap and watched some baseball with him. Reid loves his "ah-day" and anything sports related. Just melts your heart, huh?
Saturday:
The day I'd been waiting for!! I woke up early to leave Houston around 7:30 to meet Ashley at her grandparent's beach house. Of course, Reid woke up just before that (he was singing in his bed, just kill me now with the cuteness) and my mom was going to get milk. I told my sister to sleep in so I watched Reid while my mom was at the store. I have to squeeze in as much Reid time as I can! I finally hit the road around nine and was beach ready by 11.
We were so ready to get out there and get some sun, that we decided it would be an OK idea to use the oil with SPF 12 until the boys got out there with the SPF 30. Yea...that was dumb. It was only about an hour and a half, but I am the color of a lobster. My nose is already blistering, but I'm applying aloe like an addict so my skin doesn't peel.
It may not be the prettiest beach in all the world, but it's a beach and that's all that matters. Poor Ash got dunked in the water by her hilarious brother (oh to be 16 again!) and it resulted in a very sandy bottom. But the water felt great!
After we took one of the most amazing naps we've ever had in our lives (seriously) we headed to Galveston to have some fun. We watched the boys golf a few rounds at the putt-putt course and then went to the bar across the street for a drink and some MUCH needed H2O. And fried pickles. Those are always much needed.
Dinner time! We met up with the boys and Sue at Salsa's and got another drink each. Ash's beer was MASSIVE - the picture doesn't do it justice - it was about 3X the size of my drink - and I got a Strawberry Sensation. It was AMAZING and the perfect drink after too much sun.
Sunday:
We hit the road around 10 and waited in the longest Ferry line ever (Willis time next time, right Ash?) and then I got back around 1. I immediately headed to the outlets with my sister and A where I got an adorable top and maxi skirt from Loft. Win win!
Like I mentioned earlier, A and I went to dinner for some "us" time. We got chips and queso and salsa to start us off, and we still had all of the salsa left and half of the queso at the end of the meal. (a rarity!) I asked the waiter for some to-go cups for them. He came back with a bag of chips and brand new containers of salsa and queso for us. That made him the best waiter ever in my book and bumped his tip up quite a bit. Customer service counts, people!
That's all I've got for you today. But the good news this week is that I've already started posts for most of the rest of the week - so maybe this will be the first week in FOREVER that I post every day. I think I can, I think I can....





hey a beach is a beach, looks ood to me, as does that drinky drank.
ReplyDeleteOkay, you officially had the busiest weekend known to man. Seriously how did you squeeze in all those activities? Reid is the cutest cutie ever!
ReplyDeleteEven though TX beaches aren't the prettiest, we spent every weekend there growing up and they are just as good! That strawberry sensation looks delish!!
ReplyDeleteHands down best waiter ever.
ReplyDeleteAny beach looks appealing to me. Plus, that strawberry drink looks amazing.
ReplyDeletefried pickles are always a MUST!
ReplyDeleteif you bought those wedges from target, then we're twinsies!!!
ReplyDeleteThose drinks look so delish! And it sounds like you and Ashley had a lot of fun :) I love going to the beach!
ReplyDeleteReid in his cutie pajamas is SO adorable! You can tell that he really loves his uncle ;D
ReplyDeleteI need to find a place here in So Cal that sells fried pickles. I have yet to find one!
I was at the beach this weekend too and the sun was b-r-u-t-a-l! Sounds like a great time all around, and any waiter that brings extra queso at no charge is a definite rock star!
ReplyDeleteI love those shorts in your putt putt picture. They are adorable!
ReplyDeleteYay sounds like a great weekend! I wished we had a beach near by so I would definitely take anything!
ReplyDeleteloving your pose at the putt-putt place haha, I managed to be a lobster last week and it is now in that lovely stage of peeling that will NOT stop, I even managed to get sun poisoning on my shoulder (because obviously sunburn wasn't enough). I am totally blaming my husband for mine though since he let me fall asleep in the hammock for two hours instead of waking me up.
ReplyDeleteI swear I normally get the best customer service at our little hole in the wall mexican joint! love it!
ReplyDeleteLoved sleeping in this weekend...forever grateful!! Just one extra hour of laying in bed can so wonders for a girl. We had fun with your hubs this weekend. Does that sound weird? ps...not enough aloe in the world can stop the peeling. trust me, i tried and am currently shedding my skin like a snake. if anyone abducts me this week and puts me in their trunk I will leave a massive amount of DNA behind. Random strange thought I had while driving and peeling today.
ReplyDeleteReally jealous that you got beach time! It's a whopping 65 degrees here all week and I'm wishing I was back in Florida again :( Also, Reid is just the cutest thing I've ever seen!
ReplyDelete