We're nearing the end, y'all! I bet there are some FINALLY!'s being said right now.
Before I get into the after party, I need to set the scene for what A and I did between leaving the reception and arriving at the hotel.
We're driving down 1960 in Houston giving the driver directions (anyone else think he should have already known those?) when we see some friends turning left to head to Specs. For those of you not from the great state of Texas, Specs is the best liquor store known to mankind.
All of a sudden, someone yelled out "turn left!" OK ok, that someone was me. I was now directing the limo driver to turn into the parking lot for specs. I just wanted to see my friends, you guys.
We catch the friends (who happen to be my parent's best friends from college and their daughter and her BF who are now good friends of A and mines. Love how that worked!) just before they leave and whatdoyaknow, they head back in with us. Without that, we wouldn't have this.
Two bottles of champagne? Don't mind if I do. And although A looks less enthused, he got some vodka. Our friends even bought it all for us as an additional wedding gift. We've clearly got some of the best friends out there.
There were more pictures, but said friend is no longer on FB so I can no longer see them. Stupid FB!
After the pitstop, we headed back to the hotel, ran upstairs to change real fast, and headed back down (with champagne in hand) to join in on the after party. More on how we took over the hotel lobby next week.



Fun. My husband and I are the ones who went to the hotel room and ignored the never ending partiers down stairs. LOL
ReplyDeleteI love this picture of you!
ReplyDeletelove love love that pic of you. so perfect!
ReplyDeletebahaha this is perfect!
ReplyDeleteLove this picture of you, every time I see it. Ha! So stinking cute. ;)
ReplyDeleteI'm just really happy this moment happened because every time I see this pic it makes my entire day. Maybe I'll make it my phone background..
ReplyDeleteLove Spec's. Love that. I so wish we would have done some kind of post-wedding event!
ReplyDeleteIt runs in the family. Well done little sister. We went to the bar until 2 am with everyone, in wedding dress. I remember (somewhat). Having dad come to talk to the cop to let you and Megan in( in pajamas and no shoes) since you were underage. Then mom brought the blender to our honeymoon suite. An amazing friend brought me whataburger at 4 am. My husband passed out in his tux. Quite a night:). I'm so sad to have missed out on the after party of your wedding...all of our babysitters were quite drunk.
ReplyDeleteI've been watching downton Abby and quite like using the word quite. If you haven't noticed.
ReplyDeleteSo fun! Only one of my close friends has gotten married and we shut down the reception place sooo late I can't even remember because we had to finish all of the wine I remember that. They wouldn't let us take it but it was already paid for. Work the next day was not so fun ;)
ReplyDeleteHow cute. And Specs really is the best.
ReplyDelete