Image Map

he was my partner!

Sami's Shenanigans

If you follow me or Ashley or Alexa on twitter and instagram, you already know what I'm about to talk about. But I don't want to talk about it because that means it's over. Hold up - I'm over here crying again. 

It all started on July 3rd. I was sitting at my desk bored out of my mind (hey, no one was working that day!) and reading blogs. I clicked on Stephanie's blog and immediately started crying. The big Katie surprise was the sweetest thing I'd ever seen. And so I got an idea...


The original LET'S DO THIS texts. Yes, originally we were going to be insane and DRIVE there. WE JUST WANTED TO GO THAT BAD.


Getting Glenn in on the plan. This is where we started freaking out because it's REAL.

Andre' was 100% against the driving. In his words - "we aren't 18 anymore, Kaitlyn." So he did what every normal person would do and got on Priceline and bid for some tickets. It was around $150ish cheaper to fly out of San Antonio, so Wednesday night we drove there and flew out at the crack of dawn on Thursday morning. 

The weekend was, besides my wedding, the best weekend I have ever had. We might have done it too big on Thursday, but we didn't let that stop up. I'll do a full wrap-up later on this week - or maybe just a photo post - but I'll leave you with the video that STILL makes me cry. 






I may not be the best and most consistent blogger, but I am for sure the luckiest. I have found two of my very best friends through this. We're no longer blog friends, we are just all REALLY good friends. (Even Glenn and Andre'! That part is slightly adorable.) Now we just need to work on getting Glenn + Alexa to Houston. FOR GOOD!

25 comments :

  1. Love this....loved seeing all your posts on Twitter and Instagram.

    So great she was surprised and had no idea

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love this and you. So glad A took the initiative and we all got to go together. You guys were the best traveling partners ever. Ever. hehe So thankful you planned it all. Now let's hurry and hang out before I have worse withdraws.

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is so cute! And I love him creeping in the bushes to film y'all.

    ReplyDelete
  4. This is so awesome and cute and makes me tear up! I love, love, love reading these stories of blog friends becoming real life friends! Love love them!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. this is so amazing! Love all these surprises going around lately. I'm sure y'all had a blast in the Queen City, I hosted a bachelorette weekend there and we did it big.

    ReplyDelete
  6. A great surprise are the ones that are pulled off without suspicion! LOVE it! Seriously sounds like the BEST weekend!!! YAY for blog friends turned real life!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Next stop... Cincinnati!?!!?! :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. I loved watching these updates over Instagram. The sweetest surprise!!

    ReplyDelete
  9. You and Ashley are the sweetest!! I'm so glad the surprise worked out SO well - that video is awesome! :)

    ReplyDelete
  10. this is hilarious! I know y'all had a great time!

    ReplyDelete
  11. I'm am loving that y'all did that so very much! I am NOT GOING TO LIE, I thought y'all were photo-shopped together at first. Like ha-ha-ha... wish we were all together. BUT THEN I was like, "OMG!" Then I pretty much stalked y'all on Insta. Sweetest ever!

    ReplyDelete
  12. You two are the absolute sweetest! I'm positive Alexa had the best birthday ever thanks to you girls :) Can't wait to hear all the details later on!

    ReplyDelete
  13. OMG I can't even deal with this! That video brought ME to tears!! You two are the sweetest most amazing friends! Alexa is one lucky lady!!

    ReplyDelete
  14. This is SO awesome! Seriously, I can't even believe it. What an awesome surprise, and you guys pulled it off perfectly!

    ReplyDelete
  15. FOR SURE the cutest thing I've ever seen!

    XO, www.dysfunctionaleverafter.com

    ReplyDelete
  16. Ah love it! So awesome and so fun! You are SUCH a good friend and now I want someone to surprise me HAHA. I'm still crossing my fingers that I get to hang with you ladies sometime in Colorado :)

    ReplyDelete
  17. I love that you pulled off the surprise! So fun!

    ReplyDelete
  18. What a fun trip! :) You guys are so sweet to surprise Alexa. She's a gem, is she not??

    ReplyDelete
  19. Awww what an awesome surprise!! Can't wait to hear more about it :)

    ReplyDelete

I'd love your thoughts and feedback! New friends are fun :)