Image Map

madness, y'all

I may like bows and glitter and monogrammed everything, but I'm a sports girl at heart. And I don't mean playing sports, because that's hard, I mean watching sports and getting really invested into my teams. 

As in I could probably tell you every single fact about FSU football and baseball. Really invested usually means way too invested. My dream (that I probably stole from my sister if I'm being honest) was to be a sideline reporter on ESPN. And no, not Erin Andrews, the BETTER Erin Andrews. And I look pretty without makeup, she does not. And she's a Gator so she automatically just sucks. #sorryimnotsorry. That plan didn't work out so well because there's a once in a bajillion chance of anyone getting that job. Sam Steele Ponder got the gig because she worked at ESPN Zone just after college and happened to wait on an executive. Seriously, I don't have that kind of luck. Her luck is freaking amazing - she married Christian Ponder last year. 

Moving on to March Madness. Everyone knows what this is and usually participates in a bracket pool. I do too, and I always win. No really, it's true. Last year at work everyone made fun of my bracket because it was TERRIBLE at first, but then I swooped in and won it all. So if you have a terrible score during the first round, do not fear, you can make it up in the later rounds! 

I get REALLY competitive during this whole thing, too. Last year A and I took it up a notch and the loser had to buy the winner whatever they wanted. Naturally, I won and he bought me the prettiest Kate Spade watch ever. Had he won, he requested I get him an EZTag so he could go through the tolls in Houston. booorrringggg.


I've already started picking out what I will get when I win this year. Because I will. I'm loving the Lilly tops for spring/summer, so I think I should get this combo:
Scallops, eyelet, polka dots AND ruffles? I am dying of adorableness. All of these need to be in my closet right now.

A hasn't decided what he wants, but he probably shouldn't because he's not going to win and I don't want him to be sad. 

So, go hoosiers! 

20 comments :

  1. Go hoosiers?????? You forgot you're related to a JAYHAWK! No one seems to think we'll make it far, but we are a #1 seed! ROCK CHALK!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I LOVE that watch AND tops!!! so cute!

    ReplyDelete
  3. haha i hope you do win. that's awesome! for the very first time this year I put in ofr a bracket. i literally had no idea what i was doing. whoops!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I'm so lazy and still haven't done mu bracket. I need to get on it like now. Every year I SWEAR March Madness is gonna be the death of me but this year I think it might actually be true.

    I love that you have the hoosiers winning it all. I haven't decided who I think will take it all but they are deff the top of my list.

    ReplyDelete
  5. this year's brackets are going to be crazy with all the weird seeds! I think the Lilly lime green scallop top is too gorgeous and perfect for when you win ;)

    ReplyDelete
  6. umm I love the Lily's tops and I too have been great at brackets! I think I may steal your idea of winner gets a gift and play with my fiance :) woo!

    Thanks!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Can I fill out my bracket the same as yours and win too ;) I know nothing about about basketball.. football through and through for me! You would be SO cute on the sidelines!

    ReplyDelete
  8. I'm a total sports junkie too...I think Caleb definitely likes that about me ;) um you'd be a way better Erin Andrews then even Erin Andrews herself miss thang! ;)

    Looove those Lily tops..seriously, this employee made fun of me at a TJ Maxx once when I tried one on and said "is that even cute on?! Looks like a trash bag with holes in it"... ?!! wtheck chick!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Love those Lilly tops. I have seriously been coveting the watch you won last year, it but broke college girls who like shopping don't do that whole "saving up money" thing so well haha (maybe if i win my bracket, i'll buy the watch with my winnings?). Hope you win again this year, good luck!!!

    ReplyDelete
  10. My bracket usually does pretty well until the final, I always pick the jayhawks!

    ReplyDelete
  11. So of course I go and google what the heck lily is because I'm loving those tops. Found it. Sheesh! Those clothes are expensive. Definitely win so you can get one. I certainly won't be buying any of it even though they are so cute.

    ReplyDelete
  12. I am stealing this gift idea to use with my boyfriend. I have kicked his ass the last two years and I can't wait to do it again!!!

    ReplyDelete
  13. so my bf is indiana born and bred... if i lose this year i have to go out in public in his clown pants.... BUT if i win he has to watch whatever trashy tv i want for a whole week.

    ReplyDelete
  14. i just did my bracket too, but i had a little help from the boy so i probably can't make him by me anything if i win. still i'd love to win! i work with mostly men so they'd be so pissed haha.
    -- jackiejade.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  15. I love that watch!! It is the only watch in the history of watches that I've ever liked. Seriously! A few months ago, I was out shopping with the handsome fella of that part of my life and we came across a display of watches and I said 'okay pick out which one I would want you to get me' and he pointed straight to it. Hrm. Probably shoulda stayed with that one, come to think of it... have a great time winning this year!!! xo

    ReplyDelete
  16. I don't know anything about basketball but now I am convinced I should do this with Taylor during college football bowl games. I will have so many pretty things!

    ReplyDelete
  17. I went to IU, and so I know for a fact that you are going to win, dang it. Did you know that the riots after they won last time were so epic that cars got flipped over in the process???

    You deserve all the pretty things. Good pick!

    ReplyDelete
  18. YES, go Hoosiers! I'm assuming you've seen the greatest video of all time? http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=H8hdKnr7rpE

    ReplyDelete
  19. Adore that watch and love the idea! I wish my husband were more into college sports, but we did go to a basketball game a few weeks ago and he got into it!
    Love the tops as well, you cannot go wrong with Lilly !

    ReplyDelete
  20. I won't lie- I like Erin Andrews haha. Hope we can still be friends!

    I have the Hoosiers losing to my Buckeyes in the final game!! ;)

    ReplyDelete

I'd love your thoughts and feedback! New friends are fun :)