Lately I have been spending hours and hours on Pinterest trying to find new recipes. I have a huge collection of great ones we have made before, but cooking the same things every month gets pretty old. Unless it's Avocado Pesto Pasta, that will never ever ever get old.
If you also spend hours in the "Food and Drink" section of Pinterest, you already know this fact. 99% (or so it seems) of the recipes are deliciously bad for you. Ten pounds of cheese and butter sure sounds good, but I personally am wanting my backside to shrink, not grow after one meal. Hence the spending HOURS on Pinterest - it takes that long to find some good healthy recipes!
Not that this recipe is the best thing ever for you, but I'd like to think it's better than the deep fried mac and cheese that was right above it.
__________________
Turkey Parmesan Mini Meatballs
inspired by this recipe by the hilariously amazing BevCooks
Ingredients:
1 cup panko
1/2 cup parmesan cheese - split
1 T+ olive oil
1 egg
1 pound ground turkey
1/2 cup finely diced red bell pepper
5 cloves garlic (those not obsessed, lessen to two) minced
1 T dried oregano
7 fresh basil leaves, torn/chopped/cut
1 pinch salt + pepper
16 mozzarella balls or cubes
Preheat oven to 400 degrees.
Put 1 cup of panko and 1/4 cup parm into a small bowl. Starting with 1T EVOO, drizzle it over the mixture and mix with hands until fully coated. I added a few more drizzles because most of it felt dry still. Set aside.
Place the egg in a larger bowl and slightly beat. Throw in the bell pepper, garlic, oregano, basil, salt and pepper. Mix with hands.
Place a couple of tablespoons of the mixture in a greased (I use the Coconut Oil spray from TJs) mini muffin pan. Punch down a little area for the cheese.
The original recipe calls for cubes, but I balled up some fresh shreds because that is what we had. Place the balls in the cheese area, and then cover up completely with the meat mixture. I pushed the cheese down and this was easier.
Place the panko mixture on top of the meat mixture and pat down slightly. I used lots as you can tell!
Place in oven for 25-30 minutes. Don't get scared if the cheese bubbles out.
Serve over sauce + pasta (we use the organic veggie noodles from HEB) and enjoy!


YUM!! These look so good! I have yet to try turkey meatballs, but I can't pass these up!! The mozzarella and panko mixture.. YUM!!
ReplyDeleteThanks for linking up!
Yum! Those look delish. I am a recipe freak when it comes to Pinterest too so don't worry you aren't alone!
ReplyDeleteGeez... this is another recipe I'm dying to try!! I'm still dreaming about your pizza bites, ha! These sound so good! Thanks for linking up with us!
ReplyDeleteThese look beyond yummy!
ReplyDeleteThose look amazing! Adding that to my "food" board.
ReplyDeleteThat looks awesome! So creative and pretty healthy with the ground turkey. I'll be trying this out soon. Thanks!
ReplyDeleteI seriously have a love/hate relationship with pinterest recipes because they look soooo good but are soooo bad for you. I am always looking for new turkey recipes and this looks great! And the cheese... I love the cheese.
ReplyDeleteOh yumm!!!!!! :)
ReplyDeleteThese look phenom. Hubby approved???
ReplyDeleteYum! I am definitely going to try these!
ReplyDeleteThese looks so good! Love the cheese in the center. Yum!
ReplyDeleteI LOVE this idea. I need to try that. Like, yesterday.
ReplyDeletebookmarking this right nooow! looks delish.
ReplyDelete