I waited a while to post this because I wasn't really sure how I could top last week's post. I decided that I couldn't. So I'm keeping it boring this week and showing you the reception details. I'm probably the only person who cares about things like that. Next week will be back to the regular "fun" editions of this.
The whole wedding party rode from the ceremony to the reception in the trolley and our parents went in the limo. We had some champagne in there - looking back I wish I would have had some coolers filled with beer for everyone. Especially because I kept them waiting in the trolley while I was a brat about my train. But everyone got drunk enough at the reception, so we were fine. Also - I look so happy in that first photo, right? No lie - it started POURING two seconds after that picture, so I was annoyed for good reason. Thankfully we were under the walkway right as the rain started. And it's apparently good luck if it rains on your wedding day. Who knew?
This was to the left when guests walked in. I posted way back when about the platters I made. The "thank you" one was next to the card box and the area to put presents. The other one says "pick your side and sign in" - referring to the sign in books. We found the cutest children's books for UL and LSU about being a future tiger/cajun. We plan on giving them to our kids later on. cue the awwww moment. Right now they are on our bookcase in the living room as decoration.
The cutest little area where A and I sat and took it all in.
Our toasting glasses. My sweet mom bought them for us when we first got engaged. She knows my love for bows, clearly.
Shoes? Who needs shoes? This shows how much fun we had dancing :)
Whoops, that table runner was a tad on the shorter side. #handsewnprobs
His: The Cajun: tito's vodka + sprite with a cute little pepper in it
Hers: The Texan: Margaritas
These were at each place setting. Copied straight off Pinterest, I'll admit it.
A's cake is a cooler with some Abita Strawberry. How we found a 6 pack of it in August in Texas, I have no clue. Luck was on our side! The fake ice looked super real, right? He is a crazy UL freak fan, so that's the big logo, and then the fleur de lis are the three most important teams to him - UL, Saints and LSU (it probably killed him to have that on there, but it's important to him because I graduated from LSU.) His cake was carrot cake as that's his favorite - and I heard it was amazing.
We had SO much leftover cake that my parents had to take them to youth group the next night. Lucky kids!
This is just a sneak peak photo for the FUN reception posts. It was the last picture taken before the guests left and I think it shows that we all had a little too much fun. Clearly, since eating leaves isn't a normal thing.























Your reception hall was very pretty!
ReplyDeleteI LOVE looking at all the details of weddings! First, I love the pop of yellow in the bridesmaids flowers. Amazing for photos. Second, the children's books are the cutest idea ever. And lastly, LOVE your cake!
ReplyDeleteI want to eat your cake nom nom. Mine wasn't fondant either. And it was delicious.
ReplyDeleteEverything looks beautiful! I love both of your cakes!
ReplyDeleteOh my gooossshhhh. I love you a thousand times more for the weiners on your cake...... I mean......
ReplyDelete;) but seriously. LOVE YOU!
Your cake looks amazing and makes me want cake right now and Abita Strawberry since it never seemed to arrive in Minnesota.
ReplyDeletei LOVE your cake! Too cute!
ReplyDeleteI love your cake. I am opposed to fondant as well!
ReplyDeleteCake cake cake I need to eat this post now! And fondant is sooooo yuck, I'm glad there are other wise bridies out there :)
ReplyDeleteyou know I am loving every little detail. Seriously, it looks so perfect!
ReplyDeletethat's it, your wedding was perfect. yellow is such a great choice i think it just makes everything pop (i know since i picked yellow too) ;)
ReplyDeleteI love your gray/silver brides maids dresses with the bright yellow flowers. The color combination is stunning!
ReplyDeleteI'm so glad you spent the time on these details! Want to sell me your table runners? For real, I need burlap runners for my wedding this summer, and I was sure I was going to have to make some, but i'm willing to buy some at this point with as many details as I still have to take care of...
ReplyDeleteYour reception was beautiful!! I love the idea of the family wedding day photos. So neat! I'll have to remember that one for the future :)
ReplyDeleteawww love your photos! so pretty - looks like you had a great day. love your dress and your bridesmaids' flowers.
ReplyDelete-- jackiejade.blogspot.com
-- $50 Amazon Giftcard Giveaway
These are so gorgeous! I love the monogram on the cake and letter to your guests!
ReplyDeleteLove those photos, love your dress and flowers:)
ReplyDeleteAl
http://www.apparelnbags.com/gildan/index.htm
I adore the idea of having them sign the children's books versus a regular sign-in! such a great way to commemorate your big day and share later!
ReplyDeleteIt was a beautiful reception...and made so special by all of your hand made items! I LOVED both cakes...and it's pretty much thanks to me;) You'll have to tell me Cakes by Gina rant. Man all your readers are going to think I am some guard dog or something.
ReplyDeleteSide note, Hosuton brides....NEVER use Cakes by Gina.
I am in love with both of your cakes!!! You can't really go wrong with rainbow sprinkles and a giant monogram :)
ReplyDelete