
happy news
Happy news on here, that is. On the real news (which we can't turn off), it's not happy. A town on lockdown. Police officers down. A small tight-knit town in Texas recovering from a deadly explosion. But as I said on Tuesday, I am choosing to remain happy. I won't let these events get me down and depressed.

Throwing it back here y'all. I remember walking down the aisle at a dance recital to this song when I was 5. So yea, OLD SCHOOL. For two reasons:
1. It's fitting this week, I think. We're all proud. And we all should be.
2. There's a line in the song: "from Detroit down to Houston..." Why Houston? Well if you've been reading this long enough, you know that I was born and raised in Houston and moved to Baton Rouge for college. A and I currently live in Lafayette. This is where the real happy news comes in. This morning A was offered a job in Houston. How excited are we?
That excited. I've talked to my close bloggy friends about this a TON recently and they know how huge this is for us.
I LOVE Lafayette, don't get me wrong. If A got an offer there we would have been excited to be able to buy a house and make a home. His family is there and it's a great city. The culture and people are amazing! If we end up back there one day, we would not be sad about it.
But Houston has always been on the radar because he's in the petroleum engineering field and most of the big oil companies are either HQ'd in Houston or have major offices here. And of course, I am from Houston. My entire family is here. My cute little precious nephew is here. There's a good chance that A's brother and his sister and her husband might end up here one day, too.
We will find out this afternoon when his official start date is, but it will likely be a fast move. As in, putting everything we own into a pod and then moving in with my parents for a while. It's a good thing my parents are really fun people! There will be lots of driving around during rush hour to see what areas aren't as bad of a commute to find out where we want to live. Oh yea - and starting the house hunting process ALL over again. Just when we found the neighborhood we wanted live in Lafayette! But it's all worth it. All of it.
If I catch myself complaining about any of this, I'm going to come back and read this post. We are so blessed! Thanks to those who knew of the interview for the prayers. They worked!!

Subscribe to:
Post Comments
(
Atom
)


Those pictures are fantastic. Congrats to you guys!
ReplyDeleteCONGRATS!!!! Yay for coming back to Texas :)
ReplyDeleteYAYAYAYAYYYYYYYY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! this is so exciting! and you will be so close to me!!!
ReplyDeleteyayyyy :) congrats, congrats, congrats !
ReplyDeleteCongrats on moving to Houston! I'm from Lafayette but live in BR. Lafayette is actually a great place. As you know the food rocks! I mean I would put Judice Inn up against any burger in the world. The only thing better is a burger from Shake Shack in New York!
ReplyDeleteYay for moving to Texas!!!!! Congrats!
ReplyDelete-Sarah
My day is made!!!! I loved getting your message and celebrating!!! Which I was been doing since 7:30 am. No joke. See ya TOMORROW!!!!!!!! Eeap. Astros better be ready!!
ReplyDeleteThats very exciting! Congrats! Moving is work but always fun in the end.
ReplyDeleteCongrats on your hubby's new job! You must be soo excited to move back to Houston :)
ReplyDeleteCongrats!!!
ReplyDeleteYay! Congratulations! Love the "we're excited" pictures :)
ReplyDeleteCongrats!!! That is so exciting!! :)
ReplyDeleteHMPH. That is all.
ReplyDeleteSlash no it's not. This guy- Lee Greenwood- now does commercials in home town for a carpet company. Carpets of Dalton. Now THAT is American pride.
Ahhhh!!! So exciting! Congrats to both of you!
ReplyDeleteso exciting (both the news & your pictures haha)!
ReplyDeleteSo happy I knew about this already. BUT I'M NOT HAPPY that its even further from Cincinnati...uggghh distance sucks ;)
ReplyDeletebut omggaahhh so happy for you two!!!
Congratulations! That's exciting news for you 2.
ReplyDeleteYES YOU ARE COMING TO MEEEE!!! When's the next time you guys will be in town?
ReplyDeleteI am beyond thrilled for you and A, Kaitlyn! I know how badly you've been wanting this. Congrats!
ReplyDeleteYay! Such exciting news! Hope the hunt for a house goes well!
ReplyDeleteCongratulations, that is so exciting!!! Not only is Houston a great city, but you'll be close to your family too, so basically it sounds perfect!
ReplyDelete:) Liz
www.lifebylizz.wordpress.com
Congratulations! Good luck in getting ready to orchestrate a big move!
ReplyDeleteyay!! congrats girl!!
ReplyDeleteCongrats!!! So exciting. I've heard awesome things about Houston. Definitely need to visit one day!
ReplyDeleteLee Greenwood is one of my faves! Congrats on Houston!
ReplyDelete