Image Map

man, i love wine

those are the exact words A said after mass on Easter Sunday. Classy bunch we are. He was referring to the lack of hangover he had after drinking a glass bottle and half on Saturday night. Pino Noir for the win! Seriously, go to Sam's and buy you some Cloudline asap. You won't regret it!


I took zero photos this weekend. I'm really only posting this because I suck at blogging on Mondays and wanted to have at least one Weekend Shanan's update this month. I guess I need to start being more social on the weekends.

Anyways - activities. Most not pictured.

1. We started off the weekend with a crawfish boil on Friday afternoon. I was off work and it was perfection. Abita Strawberry + perfectly spiced (you crazies who thought it was too spicy were just that - crazy) crawfish and good friends...what more do you need? And yes, Abita Strawberry is good enough to go on a hunt to find. Unless you live in Louisiana and can buy it at every corner gas station. Or you could just come visit me and we could TOUR the brewery! Yea, that sounds better than just drinking them wherever you live.
2. We went home and changed because it got cold and then met the same friends at Legend's - a bar in downtown Lafayette. We got hungry (crawfish at 3pm is an odd time!) and went to Pete's. Cleary as seen in the last picture to the right, we will not be going back. Not a magic trick - that's a hair suspending a chip from another chip.
3. Saturday Bowden and I did absolutely nothing. As shown in the middle picture above. He needs to keep his legs closed! Anyways, A golfed and we read books. And then A FINALLY made a Marshall's run with me. We finally got a shower curtain for our guest bath. So come visit!
4. That night we had crawfish ettoufe at A's parents and bithday cake for his little brother's birthday. As usual, I ate too much and needed to refuel before going out. Which turned into sitting on the couch drinking wine and falling asleep. So much for being social. Bowden gave me his puppy dog face and told me not to go out.
5. Sunday we woke up WAY too early for mass with A's family. Then we went over to their house for an Easter BBQ with all his aunts and uncles. Again, ate way too much...but loved every second of it! I even got FaceTimed by my family - it was like I got to be with them, too. I am lucky to have such a great family on both sides :)
6. Sunday night we had a couples FaceTime date with Glennifer and Sexa Lexa. It was the most exciting thing we did all weekend...and I smell a bromance going on.


I'm making a commitment right now to take more pictures next weekend...and also just have a much more interesting weekend overall.

14 comments :

  1. jealous of your facetime date! how awesome is that?! not fair. also remind me why it's monday.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I didn't take ANY pictures this weekend either... which is really extremely odd for me!
    And yeah I love me some wine too.. always.
    Also I need crawfish NOW as in like yesterday.

    loveeeee

    ReplyDelete
  3. No Abita Strawberry here... I settled on Purple Haze. They shouldn't tell me how to find it on the website and then NOT HAVE IT THERE.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I always forget to take pictures.

    P.S. I may be way late to the show but I love your new blog design!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I usually forget to take pictures as well - but it is a good thing, right? Living in the moment or something like that?

    and I sure do love me some wine as well

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hhehe! I love your pictures love! You had a crazy fun weekend!! Got to love Easter mass for sure! Hope your week got started off on the right foot! Love you!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I love wine too! I'm drinking some right now. Weekends are for eating too much...so oh well! Right?

    ReplyDelete
  8. I was also awful with Pictures this weekend.
    But that chip pic is seriously disturbing and your pup is totally adorable!!
    Also, i NEED to try this Abita Strawberry! It sounds amazing.

    ReplyDelete
  9. holy moly that cake looks AMAZING. I need you to come to Houston so I can cook you my yummy shrimp etoufee :)

    ReplyDelete
  10. Stop it with Bowden's cuteness. And that cake? Get.In.My.Belly.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Love your cute puppy! I love Pinot noir but have never heard of that one...I was just at Sam's but might need to make a trip back to get some!

    ReplyDelete
  12. That's it I'm coming to tour the brewery.. I HAVE TO. Oh, and jellies of the FaceTime date!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Pinot Noir is my new favorite wine, so I'll definitely be buying this asap!

    ReplyDelete

I'd love your thoughts and feedback! New friends are fun :)