Image Map

mullet tossing


So, Grooveshark recommended that for me this morning. Maybe I've been listening to too much teeny bopper music? Hilary Duff was also on there. I have such great taste in music if you can't tell.

I'm not quite sure how it's already the weekend, but I'm not complaining. Well, maybe I am a bit in my head because I want to spend it crafting but I have to spend it packing. It will be worth it, though!


A left yesterday for Mullet Toss in Gulf Shores, AL. A mullet is a fish and there's a tossing competition - so not the mullet you were thinking of, I am guessing. He's there for a bachelor part and they are taking the mullet literal. When I dropped him off at his friends yesterday, the friend was wearing an American flag shirt, denim vest, flag bandana and had a mustache that went down the sides of his chin. Whatever that is called. I guess we don't have to worry about the ladies wanting our men. Who would want that stache? NOT ME. 

I googled "mullet toss" and I found these little gems. 




And one of a group of women in thong bikinis that should not have been wearing thong bikinis, but your poor eyes don't need to see that. I wanted to find the most ridiculous photos I could so that I can stop being so jealous that is is AT THE BEACH. I hate him.


I'll just be over here throwing things into boxes all weekend long and making my Chi-O quilt. I started the sewing last night and (I may be biased) but it. looks. so. good. I've already told my sister and sister-in-law that I would do theirs next. And then I think I may add t-shirt quilts to my etsy shop! On a scale of 1-10, how much of a nerd does it make me that I want to sit at home and sew all weekend long? Ok maybe you shouldn't answer that.

I am venturing out tonight for a surprise birthday dinner for one of A's friend's fiancĂ©. Can't turn down Mexican food now can I?

23 comments :

  1. i have been saving up my tshirts from college to do the same thing! i'm going to need a tutorial when you get done though, because i have NO CLUE how to begin making one...or how to sew, for that matter...haha

    ReplyDelete
  2. Mullet Toss may be one of the greatest things ever. I was reading my old xanga a few weeks ago and one of my posts was quoting that sing. that was my jammmmms

    ReplyDelete
  3. I bought JC a shirt today for his birthday that has a picture of the United States and says "Back to Back Champions". I'm guessing he'd get along with A & his friends real well. Just 1 more reason to add to the list of reasons why I need to come to Texas.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Crafting is fun! I wish I had more time to do it :)
    Hope you have a great weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  5. There's just so much to comment on in this post.
    I think I'll leave it at... mullet always means party.
    And also, I'm off to go listen to some Hilary Duff songs.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Of course not! Mexican is a must

    I have a tshirt quilt and love it!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I can't wait to see your quilt and have mine made!!! You are so creative and crafty! Have a good weekend packing...drink while you do it and it will be more fun!

    ReplyDelete
  8. I love that you're making a t-shirt quilt! I know I'll have 10,000 Carolina t-shirts by the time these four years are over, and they'll definitely need to be retired. I really want to make one, but is it a lot of work?

    ReplyDelete
  9. umm humm sexy stash right there. you may need to worry about big mamma and her thong bikini.... i saw a natty light in the picture..its a classy event. i think he needs to do a mullet toss weekend recap

    ReplyDelete
  10. I'm Kaitlyn & I can sew stuff & make pretty programs & bleh blehdy bleh. I'm just going to start calling you Denise. Or Mom.

    ReplyDelete
  11. I'm off to listen to some old Hilary Duff tunes and watch The Lizzie McGuire movie, thanks ;)

    ReplyDelete
  12. mullets on mullets on mullets. love it! also where can i find an American flag shirt?

    ReplyDelete
  13. I now want to go to a Mullet Toss!

    ReplyDelete
  14. Seriously Mullet Toss is so much fun! And that guy will not be the only guy in an American flag shirt, I promise! And not only do you see the fish mullet you see actual hair mullets. And they are glorious. Makes you want to start a mullet blog? Also makes you want to ask people how in the hell did you do that to your self?
    I'm also pretty sure the very same songs would have been pulled up for me.

    ReplyDelete
  15. Can we just hang out all summer and craft?! Especially after y'all buy your amazing new house and I spend every weekend there. Just saying. And YAY for mullet tossing....I guess. hehe Why do I feel like Michael would enjoy that place....he once really did have a mullet...let's just say it lasted for 2 days. Hurry and move so I can craft with you and play on your computer and take pictures with you and support our baseball team! LOVE YOU!

    ReplyDelete
  16. I've been sitting at home tonight trying to fix my sewing machine. The bobbin tension is off. So you're not alone, haha.

    ReplyDelete
  17. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  18. Everybody and their momma is crowding my beautiful beach to throw fish. I will never understand what the fascination with the mullet toss is. My best friend has to work at the hospital all weekend and is genuinely upset she can't go. It's ridiculous. Some of the bars in Tuscaloosa even closed down for the weekend because all of the owners go down there! Such a struggle.

    Tiff's Tidbits

    ReplyDelete
  19. I'm from close to Gulf Shores/OBA, and Mullet Toss is such a HUGE THING. I never understood it until I went and its basically just an excuse to hang out on the beach with TONS of people, listen to great bands, and get rip roaring drunk (if you're in to that kind of thing). At times I found it a little too crowded but overall, it wasn't too bad. Hopefully A has a good time, and don't worry they'll fit in perfectly with the 'staches and jorts.

    ReplyDelete
  20. Totally jamming to that song right now. It's actually pretty awesome. I can't imagine how she would sound singing it now.

    ReplyDelete
  21. Lol!!!! At the stomach hanging out of the passed out victim! Hilarious! And I can about imagine what the thong bikini girls looked like! Absolutely love the bravery behind growing the stache! Must be a south/louisiana thing bc my best friend's husband text me about her bday party (mexican themed) at their house in New Orleans and he says "No dates allowed unless they have a mustache"...o...ok?!?!
    Totally not lame that you want to sew all weekend and clearly I'm behind bc I didn't know you had an etsy shop! Def need to check that out! How does one get there?

    ReplyDelete
  22. Sewing is way more fun than packing, I am with you there that it would make for an awesome weekend. Hope you and the pups aren't too lonely while A is away!

    ReplyDelete
  23. Next time you want ridiculous photos of women in thong bikinis that should not be wearing them from Mullet Toss I will gladly send you every one that Sam has taken over the years!

    ReplyDelete

I'd love your thoughts and feedback! New friends are fun :)