Image Map

stress ball city

Remember how I was so excited about moving to Houston? 

I'm still excited, but now that I actually THINK about it...I'm a crazy stressed mess. As in, I may lose my mind. 

Let's examine the months of April/May, shall we?


  • April 25-28: A is going on a bachelor party trip to Mullet Toss in Gulf Shores, AL. So that means little ole me has to pack up the whole apartment by myself. Deja vu, my brain says. Why? That's because I had to do this last year, too. A was on a rig and I packed everything up by my lonesome. And this time we have an extra room. Yayyyy!
  • May 3-5: I have to go to Jazz Fest. Ok, when I say it like that I bet you don't feel bad for me, huh? It's just not great timing. And I can't cancel because it's a work trip and I have clients coming in. 
  • May 9-12: I have my best friend's bachelorette party in Dallas.
  • May 13: A's anticipated start date.

How fun, right? The next three weekends we won't have both of us here together to move. We planned these weekends MONTHS ago, so we can't really cancel them now (what am I supposed to do? just NOT go to the bachelorette party as the matron of honor? UHH NO) even if we wanted to. Which we don't. So I'm just going to complain about it. 

Then I called PODS this morning because that's the easiest option. I hung up on the guy when he quoted me $1584.69. THAT INCLUDES NO STORAGE. To store that it would be $250 a month. A swore that I needed to call back because SURELY he meant $150.69, but no, that first number is correct.

The plan now? We are picking up a UHAUL on May 7. Then movers are coming on May 8 to put it all in the UHAUL. Then we are driving it to Houston last night (I'm going to have a panic attack just thinking about A driving that while towing his car) and loading it into a storage unit on May 9. And then I leave that night for Dallas. 

I wish you could all see how many deep breaths I am having to take right now. 

And this all leads to my new series. I'm going to call it:

Adventures in Moving in with Your Parents.

Hi, Mom. You know I love you, but you have to admit that it's going to make for some great blog posts. Now let's all think some positive thoughts and say some prayers that we find a house fast. The market in the area we want to be in is SUPER hot right now, so I'm worried. But I worry about everything sooooo yea.

And that's this week's edition of how much can Kaitlyn complain about something she's actually really excited about? We all know that answer is a lot. A LOT.

21 comments :

  1. you seriouisly can't NOT go to jazz fest. i mean, is that a joke? or miss a bach party or any of those things. I would be freaking too. i do think you will have some stellar posts from living with the rents. so that's something right?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yikes, this does sounds very stressful. I'm sure you'll manage everything though.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I think you're handling it quite well I would be dying and having crazy anxiety attacks...seriously. And as for living with parents...I love mine to death but the idea makes me feel a little nauseous. You're doing great and after all of this craziness you will be so happy I'm sure!
    xxoo
    Jordyn

    ReplyDelete
  4. On the bright side, time will fly by and you won't have time to feel anxious. If it gets super crazy, give yourself a beer break or take a walk somewhere quiet. Good luck!

    ReplyDelete
  5. When we moved I packed up our entire house after work each day for a week. The positive of you doing it on your own....you'll make sure everything is wrapped well so nothing breaks and you'll label the boxes properly for easy unpacking! Guys don't seem to be as careful as us girls! Moving is stressful, but it's all worth it in the end!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Houston is great! Im a native and love it / live in the Heights area! but ya moving then traveling doesnt sound the easiest.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I'm praying for you now, bless y'alls sweet hearts on moving in with the rents...the upside for me would be no rent and home cooked meals. I've done the insta-pack and move, it will all work out.

    ReplyDelete
  8. i mean no one said the packing had to be pretty, throw it in the UHAUL and off we go!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  9. You're doing much better than me. I would recommend more wine, though.

    ReplyDelete
  10. I'm with Staci.. wine is where it's at for stress. Moving is the worst thing ever BUT I know you guys can do it and once your settled it's going to be amazing :) Then in June you get to hangout with me!! Weeeee.

    ReplyDelete
  11. I'm stressing for you!! I had to pack up our whole house by myself once and I was cursing Eric the whole time! That will NEVER happen again, so awful! Goooood luck! It will all be worth it in the end, right?! :)

    ReplyDelete
  12. OMG! Talk about major stress. I am a natural ball of anxiety on a lot of things but that time frame is awful and that price is terrible!! Moving can be so expensive. Well, complaining helps but keep up with those deep breaths and do your best to remain calm. You've got some busy times ahead of you but you will get through it.

    ReplyDelete
  13. That is crazy! I can totally relate though - I'm currently living with my future in laws and even though I love them, I want to get out of there like yesterday. Maybe I should start blogging about it though....

    ReplyDelete
  14. You can do it!!!! Sending you lots and lots of positive thoughts!!

    ReplyDelete
  15. Lots of vino and champagne will pull you through this. I have a good feeling

    ReplyDelete
  16. wine and cheese and more wine and this is all so exciting!! i would be freaking out too. but freaking out AND living with parents is going to make for the best posts ever.

    ReplyDelete
  17. Girlfriend you will be fine. Better than fine! And it will probably be this incredibly time you look back at with your husband and laugh like crazy over. And in the meantime: cookies. wine. baths. xo

    ReplyDelete
  18. You have no idea how excited I am. I may be counting down the days. No, I'm not creepy at all!

    ReplyDelete
  19. I feel ya girlfriend, moving is the biggest pain and so expensive!! I've moved twice in the past two years and it isn't fun!

    ReplyDelete
  20. It is going to be okay! But please post all of the details, because we will probably be moving from CO to VA Weeks after our wedding this summer, and I will need all of the support/sanity I can get!

    ReplyDelete
  21. I need to give you some of my meds. You might need it more than panic attack city over here and that's saying something. You guys are welcome to come stay at out place anytime. However I'm not sure whats crazier....living with mom and dad who are never home or staying here with a crazy dog and a 19 month old whose favorite word is NOOOO.
    Start packing the kitchen up NOW. live off of paper goods and one pot/skillet. Pack up your clothes now as well. Make A pack up ALL of his stuff. The sooner you start on it the better!
    PS...PODS was my go to for when we move. WTF???

    ReplyDelete

I'd love your thoughts and feedback! New friends are fun :)